WPLY Football Punt Toss Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous states of the United States and District Of Columbia at least 18 years old and of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at time of participation. Employees, officers and directors of Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men, any participating promotional companies and prize providers, their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers, and entities involved in the creation of Promotion materials, and members of the immediate family (spouse, children, siblings, parents) or persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. Groups, clubs, organizations, commercial entities, and businesses cannot participate. The following classes of people are ineligible to participate:
i. Current or former professional or semi-professional football, baseball or softball players or coaches.
ii. Current or former high school or collegiate football, baseball or softball players or coaches who have played or coached at that level in the past five (5) years (includes freshmen, Junior Varsity, and Varsity for both men and women).
iii. Current or former Class A softball players or coaches who have played or coached at that level in the past five (5) years.
By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion period begins on November 21, 2017
3. ENTRY AND CONTESTANT SELECTION: To enter, potential contestants can go to the WPLY Facebook page and the first 25 listeners to “like” the facebook post promoting the event will be asked to join us for the event for an opportunity to participate in the Football Punt Contest. At the event, from a total of 50 registrants one (1) registrant will be chosen at random to participate in the contest. Limit one entry per person. Contestant must complete and sign an Agreement to Participate prior to making the attempt.
4. WINNING: A Contestant for the spectator participation event must be randomly selected from those in attendance at the named event no more than twelve (12) hours prior to the start of the event. It is agreed that the population of potential Contestants shall consist of at least two hundred and fifty (250). The following classes of people are ineligible to participate: Current or former professional and semi-professional soccer, rugby and football players or coaches. ii. Anyone who has played or coached high school or collegiate football, rugby or soccer at any level (freshman, junior varsity, or varsity for men or women) or played on or coached an international soccer or rugby team in the past five (5) years. The total number of Contestants must not exceed: One (1). Two (2) contest officials must represent the Sponsor and must certify that the specified event occurred. They must supervise, observe, and conduct the Promotion according to the terms and conditions of this Contract. Sponsor must secure a completed Exhibit C, with signatures for the "Contestant Agreement to Participate" and the "Contest Officials’ Acknowledgment of Terms & Conditions" prior to each contestant’s attempt. Sponsor must retain one (1) original form for each contestant and corresponding official(s) for SCA’s review if there is a claim. f. Contestant(s) will not be permitted any practice, warm-up, or qualifying throws, punts or kicks, nor will any one (1) contestant be selected to participate more than once during this promotion. In order to be a punt eligible for payment (i) the football must be punted from a distance of no less than forty (40) yards from the demarcation line to the closest part of the Pickup Truck (“Truck”); and (ii) the football must land and come to a complete stop inside the bed of the Truck (with tailgate closed) without touching or being touched by anything (including the ground) or anyone other than the Contestant’s foot. The dimensions of the truck bed must be no larger than six feet (6’) x five and a half feet (5’, 6”). The truck must be stationary with its profile facing the Contestant during the entire attempt. The bed of the truck must be empty and clean. The Contestant must punt the football from a hand held position. The football must not be sitting on a tee or on the ground held by another person. A punt is when the Contestant(s) holds the football in both hands, lets go and then punts the football. Each Contestant is allowed only one (1) attempt (punt) to make the football land in the bed of the truck. . If the contestant has a successful football punt in accordance with these rules and as recorded by Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men, then that Contestant is the potential winner of the Grand Prize of a new truck ($25,000 in value) subject to verification of eligibility, prize availability and other limitations set forth herein. Any potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the promotion rules prior to receipt of any prize. In the event that Sponsor is unable to verify the eligibility of a potential winner, or in the event a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize, the prize may be forfeited.
6. PRIZE/ODDS/LIMITS ON PRIZES AVAILABLE: Grand prize is a new truck ($25,000 in value) The odds of being selected as a Contestant depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of a Contestant winning any available prize are dependent upon outside factors, including the skill of the Contestant, and are not subject to determination by traditional statistical means. Prize are not transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for another prize. If the contestant does not succeed in making a successful punt, no prize will be awarded. All taxes on any prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7 GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winner, if any, will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of the date of the win. In the event winner fails to timely return documents, or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification may result. No alternate winner will be selected. By accepting a prize, where permitted by law, potential winner grants to Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee, (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon request of Sponsor), its parents, subsidiaries and related companies, and those acting pursuant to the direction of Sponsor, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the winner's full name, photo, picture, portrait, or other likeness, voice and indicia of persona, and biographical information as news or information, and for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without additional compensation or consideration, and without notification, review or approval.
Each participant, as a condition of participating, releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, the prize provider, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person(s), including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in any Promotion related activity, or participation in this Promotion. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual from the Promotion that it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process, or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting, or be, in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect or portion of this Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, copied, or like entry methods, will void all such entries by any such methods, and will disqualify any participant using such methods.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
a) Any attempted participation by means other than those permitted by these Rules, is void. Sponsor and any participating promotion agencies or prize providers will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries; or any technical error or failure, or unauthorized human intervention, or for the inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide Sponsor with the proper contact information when such information is required.
b) Neither Sponsor nor any participating promotion agencies or prize providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, lost, late, damaged, misdirected entries, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause). If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, in whole or in part, and if possible, to select the Contestants from entries received prior to the action taken or as otherwise may be deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ANY PARTICIPATING PROMOTIONAL COMPANIES OR PRIZE PROVIDERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
9. MISCELLANEOUS: This Promotion is subject only to the laws of Virginia in the United States. Prizes will be awarded and/or delivered only to addresses within the United States. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, participants in the Promotion agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the Commonwealth of Virginia U.S.A. pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the commonwealth of Virginia without regard to conflicts of law doctrine.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, if any, send a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: Lady Janes Haircuts for Men, for receipt by December 21, 2017
Sponsored by: Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men 3921 Rochester Road, Troy, MI 48083
WPLY Sports Radio Basic Contest Rules
The following stipulates contest rules for contests featured on WPLY- Sports Radio. Each contest may have additional restrictions and/or qualifications that will be noted with each contest.
Prizes must be picked up within 30 days of winning at the WPLY studios, 3934 Electric Road, Roanoke, VA 24018. Prizes may only be claimed during normal business hours 8:30am until 5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
All prizes must be claimed in person. Winners must present valid driver’s license to claim a prize. Winners may be required to sign a release form to claim a prize.
Designated representative: In very unique situations, designated representatives will be allowed to claim prizes. Written authorization from the winner is required, including representatives name and social security number, along with a photocopy of the winner’s driver’s license / state ID. The designated representative must also provide (2) valid forms of ID. WPLY will determine what constitutes a “unique situation.”
All WPLY contests are open to any and all WPLY listeners, with the exception of employees of Mel Wheeler, Inc., its agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and families; anyone involved with the production, preparation and distribution of contest materials; and employees and families of employees of other radio stations.
WPLY is not responsible for lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible mail of facsimile entries, and WPLY disclaims any responsibility for inability to complete a telephone call, whether due to telephone equipment or malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that WPLY has the right to publicize and/or broadcast contestants name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein. All contest entries become the property of WPLY.
Only one (1) winner per household or family every thirty (30) days per contest.
Winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must also provide ID and sign appropriate release forms.
All unclaimed prizes will be deemed refused and will be forfeited. WPLY is at liberty to give away any unclaimed/forfeited prize at the conclusion of the original winner’s 30 day grace period.
Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries.
WPLY may substitute one prize for another of equal value without “on-air” or “off-air” acknowledgement.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Any WPLY contest is void where prohibited by law.
WPLY/Mel Wheeler, Inc. is not responsible for defective prizes.
Additions and deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of WPLY/ Mel Wheeler Inc, and may be enacted at any time.
Any and all taxes associated with winning cash or prizes is the sole responsibility of the winner.
Specific contests may have an addendum which is to be included in the basic contest rules.
Basic contests rules and addendum’s are available for review, during regular office hours as stated herein, or upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope only.
WPLY is not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received.
Additional accommodations needed above and beyond awarded prize are the sole responsibility
of the winner.
Any prizes that are mailed are considered delivered at such time they are relinquished to the US
Postal Service or any other courier/ delivery service. WPLY is not responsible for lost or